In this Privacy Notice ("Notice"), Genuine Parts Company (Car Lab, Car Lab Online, Car Lab AutoCare), (also referred to as " "we," "us," or "our") describes the types of personal information we may collect from you in connection with your interaction with us, including when you visit our stores, websites, mobile application, online services or otherwise interact with us (the "Services") that display this notice. These Services include services available through our stores, website, social media pages, mobile applications or other online products, services, content we offer.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services and interact with us. The information we may collect includes: your name, information about your vehicle, country of residence, date of birth, address, phone number, account number, job title, company, email address, your marketing and communications preferences, and other information you choose to provide us, including when you register with our Services. We may also collect information relating to:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys, such as those that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services. Financial transactions are carried out through a secure server. We do not store credit card information on our servers or systems.
Contact information from the "Your Car Lab" registration form order forms, contest forms, and other sources.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
We also collect information about you from third parties, such as marketing agencies and analytics and information providers. We may combine information we collect about you with information from third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we gather to provide services to you and to respond to your inquiries. This includes:
- Providing services, including to:
- Register, create, and maintain your account;
- Allow you to purchase products online;
- Communicate with you regarding your account or any Services you use;
- Improve the convenience and functionality if our website;
- Evaluate applications.
- Manage our business and protect ourselves, you, other persons, and the Services.
- Provide a personalized experience and implement your preferences.
- Better understand our customers and how they use and interact with the Services.
- Market to you and provide personalized services, offers, and promotions on our websites and third-party websites.
- Provide you with location-specific options, functionalities, and offers.
- Comply with our policies and obligations, including, but not limited to, disclosures and responses in response to any requests from law enforcement authorities and/or regulators in accordance with any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or governmental order, regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, discovery request, advice of counsel or similar legal process.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems.
- Provide customer service to you or otherwise communicate with you.
We may also process your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, or with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may disclose the information we gather with our affiliates and third parties. For example, we may share information with:
Service providers and/or data processors: We may share personal information with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf (including your local Car Lab stores). These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, assist in processing transactions, or provide customer support.
- Financial institutions and other companies involved in helping carry out the transactions in which you engage.
- Other third-parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- To comply with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligation, or with any legal or regulatory process (such as a valid court order or subpoena) or advice of counsel;
- To third parties to market our or their products or services to you;
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or our policies;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction; or
- In connection with the purchase, sale, merger, consolidation or transfer of all or part of our business.
We may also disclose data to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, or with your consent.
We have implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information. Still, we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify this Notice from time to time and we will notify you of changes to this Notice by revising this notice and updating the Effective Date above. If we make any material changes to this Notice we will notify you by posting a notice on our website.